Peter Filzmoser is a full Professor at the Institute of Statistics and Mathematical Methods in Economics of Vienna University of Technology. He is also an Elected Member of the International Statistical Institute since 2014.
Main research area: Robust Statistics, Multivariate Analysis, Compositional Data Analysis, Geostatistics, and many more.
Associate Editor of
• AStA Advances in Statistical Analysis (since 2017), Austrian Journal of Statistics (since 2013)
• Journal Computational Statistics (since 2007), Computational Statistics & Data Analysis (2010-2016)
• Chemometrics and Intelligent Laboratory Systems (since 2014), Journal of
Geochemical Exploration (2014-2017)
• Statistical Data Analysis Explained. Applied Environmental Statistics with R (C. Reimann, P. Filzmoser, R.G. Garrett, R. Dutter), Wiley, Chichester, 2008. ISBN: 9781420059472.
• Introduction to Multivariate Statistical Analysis in Chemometrics by Kurt Varmuza and Peter Filzmoser, Taylor & Francis – CRC-Press, Boca Raton, FL, 2009. ISBN: 978-0-470-98581-6.